Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Simple decision!!!

Tonight I am going with a few friends from the old folks home to cheer on my derby friends at their game. I am reminded again how complicated my life can become. I have to make a conscious decision to do anything. It must be how many parents feel when making plans with their kids. First I must decide if the massive headache that is sure to follow is worth it (roller derby heck yeah). Do I have anything going on the next day as I will probably end up in the er getting morphine. Ok, now I have decided to go. How am I going to get there? I own an insured car yet I am unable to drive until they are able to put the hand pedals in. I find a ride yay! Now, make sure I cath before I go which adds an extra cath for the day which screws things up and extra cranberry juice. Get dressed, it takes a good ten minutes and a lot of energy. Less time and energy for pjs :). Hair, teeth and shoes and out I go to enjoy my time.
I know that this is a pretty whiny post and I apologize for that. I simply sometimes would like to go back to the times when "wanna go to hockey tonight?" was a question that was answered quickly, and getting to the Ralph was just as quick.
Although I get frustrated at times I truly am grateful I have the ability to choose. I know many people (too many in fact) who are not afforded that same opportunity. I am grateful for all who have supported me. I am grateful for all who pray for me. I am grateful for all who laugh with me and to be honest, at me. I am grateful for a God who by His grace has saved me. So even though I have my whiny moments I am still thankful for the hand I have been dealt!!! Now off to watch some derby:)

No comments:

Post a Comment