Monday, August 15, 2011

"Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10)

"Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46)
   
     Really God, really???  You want me to be still and and just know that you are God.  What does that exactly mean? Be still? Know that I am God?  Well, I have a terrible time being still and I know that you are God is that all you are asking of me? What does being still and the knowledge of your being have to do with the situation I am in now.  How is being still going to help me.  I need to act, I need to do something.  I am sorry God but I don't have time to just sit here, action is required to fix this problem and asking me to just be still is ridiculous.  Plus since I already know you're God and acknowledge it what will that do to help my problem?  Why do people keep suggesting this verse for me when I am struggling, don't they know I want a fix, a verse that will show me what God wants me to do.  This is what goes through my mind, and this is how God answers...
   
My dearest Jules,
     Yes, I do want you to be still.  I know this is hard for you, but if you truly know that I am God you will trust that I can help you to be still.  Jules, I don't want you to just still your body, I want you to calm your mind, heart, spirit and sole. The reason I want you to do this my dear daughter is not to torture you.  I do this so that You can see me.  I do this so you can feel my presence.  I do this so that you know that my love for you is enough.  Once you are able to do this, you will remember all of the promises I have made to you.  You will know that the knowledge of my existence will guide you through whatever it is that you are dealing with at that moment.  Jules, because you know me you will be able to see my will.  It will all become clear to you what action it is that you must take.  Jules I must also remind you that sometimes the action you must take is simply an internal matter, or the action that needs to be taken is no action at all.  If you are able to still yourself Jules, I am able to love you wholly and wonderfully, but when your mind is racing and you're antsy you are unable to receive my love.  That is my desire Jules is for you to feel my love as much as is humanly possible.  I say this because there is no way you could ever possibly know how deep my love is, because, I am God and my loves abounds any you have seen.
     My sweet daughter, I desire for you to think of this verse not only in times of trouble.  I want you to think of it when you are outside and see a beautiful flower.  Stop Jules, take the time to really enjoy the flower knowing that I put that flower and everything beautiful on this earth for your pleasure.  Jules, this world is made with such amazing things from my hands.  I want you to know that if you were the only human on this earth I would still make the world just as beautiful for you.  I do this because I love you.  Not only do I love you, but I like you too.  
     Precious girl, also think of this verse when you are with others.  When you are listening, listen.  When you are playing, play.  When you are loving, love.  When you are praying, pray.  When you are worshiping, worship.  You will never get to play that moment over again.  You may never know when you will hear that voice again.  You can treasure the time you have with others knowing that I am taking care of the rest.  My desire is for you to live each moment to the fullest.  You have experienced some great losses this year and I would hope that what you learned most was to cherish the people in your life, and cherish everything that I have given.  You can lose it all in a moments notice and regret my dear is an awful feeling to deal with.
   So Jules...Be still and know that I am God is exactly what I want you do!!!
                                                                         With Love,
                                                                                  Your loving Father (God)

1 comment:

  1. Exodus 14:14...(God says) Be still, I will fight for you. I think of this verse often when I am not wanting to be still, when I want to spring into action. I think being still frees us to let God do what He does...fight for us.

    I Love my Jules...

    Jan

    ReplyDelete