Friday, August 19, 2011

it's me Lucy...


     Hi everyone it is my Lucy.  I decided that I needed to write a little bit about my life since this is a blog about randomness, and what is more random than a post from a dog.  Most of you know me, but for those who don't let me give you a little background.  I am nine years old, and live in an old folks home.  My mommy has lived in lots of apartments, but this is my favorite.   I have 2 brothers who I am not very fond of, but do put up with them.  Charlie is a cat but he is way bigger than me.  Ralphie is a dog and I think that he is pretty dumb.  I myself am very smart, like genius smart.  I am a lover and have many friends.  I am mostly friends with people because all the animals I know just aren't up to my intellectual level.  Some people call me a drama queen or a princess, but I think Dale has it right when he says "I am the boss around here".  My favorite place in the world is my mommy's couch.  I like snuggle on the couch with my mommy and watch tv.  My favorite shows are underdog, watching Sioux hockey, and of course I was obsessed with the Casey Anthony trial.  My other most favorite thing to do is sit outside with my friends at the old folks home.  They all pet me, love me, and bring me lots of people food.  I go from friend to friend and just lay at their feet. Some of the even take me for a walk.  It really is the best.  I protect my friends so if someone comes up I don't know I scare them by barking.  Unlike my brothers I am very aware of "stranger danger".
     Now that you know about me,  I feel I can "vent".  I told you that I love to cuddle with my mom on the couch, well I didn't tell you that she practically kills me at night.  She takes her meds then just rolls over me.  Sometimes she kicks me so hard i almost fall on the floor.  She also has no respect my naps.  I can be sound asleep and she picks me up (waking me of course) just to tell me something unimportant.  She is constantly picking at my fur if it is dirty.  She puts out this nasty diet dog food for me.  Good thing my friends feed me outside.  She makes me do tricks for people.  I mean c'mon I am 9 years old.  When I do something wrong she puts me in time out, even outside in front of my friends.  When Ralphie goes to time out he just falls asleep, he is so dumb.  If I am sitting in her lap and music is playing she moves my legs around to make me dance.  Ugg!!!  The worst thing of all is that she dresses the boys and me up for every holiday.  I of course sit perfect for the picture, but of course the boys don't.  Charlie is the worst, he always tries to run away, and of course Ralphie just falls asleep.
here we are at the 4th of July

     All in all though the life of a dog is great.  Humans could learn a lot from me.  First of all no matter how much my mom bugs me, I still love her no matter what.  When my mommy leaves me, even just to run to the store, when she gets back I show her how excited I am to see her.  Once I love you I am as loyal as can be, I will never give up on you.  I will always keep your secrets and listen without interrupting.  Some people say I won't go to heaven, but I still love God.  Not because of the promise of heaven, but just because I love Him.  I just love, and want to be loved back.
    So there you have it...my life's gripes and loves.  I also am going to include pictures for you of some of my favorite people.  If your pic is not up here it is because My mommy doesn't have one of you :(
my auntie jo
miss sophia
the Easter Bunny
my bff Dale, he looks grumpy but he loves me
my grandma Nadine
miss Nicky
my Andy


     Like I said there are many more out there who I love, like my Grammy.  I couldn't find pictures :(.  Thank you all for reading my dog blog, I hope you liked it!!!
                                                              love...lucy


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Lucy, when mommy is mean to you, I think you should run away...not forever, but for a little bit, to my house. I would never roll over on you, and I don't believe in making a dog dance...unless it's by holding a treat above its nose...and then I do give them the treat.

    Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly how I imagine her talking about her brothers and you. You did leave out how Ralphie would take off when they went outside and she'd have to follow just to keep him out of trouble - which didn't always work. I think she'd talk more fondly of you and how you are always there for her, however. You are the best mom in the whole world!
    Me and Sandy were just talking about how important our pets can be to us. How they are the ones who you can talk to about anything and they won't break your trust and will always be there. So this made me think of that. Hugs to Lucy!

    ReplyDelete